The National Association of Real-Estate Brokers (NAREB)
Two Million New Black Homeowner Initiative includes the following five key points:
1. The Initiative, created by NAREB President Ron Cooper, is a five-year programmatic effort that will grow and expand under the next three presidents of NAREB.
2. The Initiative will be data driven, marking the beginning of a comprehensive database created and managed by NAREB. This database will measure metrics concerning black home buyers, black real-estate professionals and macro and micro-economic trends in the black community.
3. The Initiative’s programs include the following activities that support NAREB’s mission of Democracy in Housing:
Advocacy for the black homeowner;
Activism for access to credit and policies that support increased homeownership; and
Action-based community outreach that raises awareness and educates communities across the country of the important role homeownership plays in closing the wealth gap in the black community
4. The Initiative’s tag line is “Black Homeownership Matters” signifying the importance of homeownership, financial stewardship, asset accumulation and equity building in the black community.
5. Measurement of the Initiative’s progress will focus on victories such as:
Increasing homeownership in the black communities over five years
Increasing the size and scope of black business in real-estate
Strengthening the foundation of black wealth through land ownership
Raising the awareness of the important role homeownership plays in wealth creation in the black community